DEV: Remove HTML setting type and sanitization logic. (PR #14440)

We concluded that we don’t want settings to contain HTML, so I’m removing the setting type and sanitization logic. Additionally, we no longer allow the global-notice text to contain HTML.

I searched for usages of this setting type in the all-the-plugins repo and found none, so I haven’t added a migration for existing settings.

GitHub

I searched for usages of this setting type in the all-the-plugins repo and found none

Just to confirm: also nothing in all-the-themes, and in the customer-variant repos of both types?

As it is with all enum types - I’m going to ask: do we want to re-use that number in the future or do we want to leave a comment/rename that to e.g. html_deprecated?

I searched for usages of this setting type in the all-the-plugins repo and found none

Just to confirm: also nothing in all-the-themes, and in the customer-variant repos of both types?

Yes, checked all the four repos. I already refactored the only plugin that was using this type.

As it is with all enum types - I’m going to ask: do we want to re-use that number in the future or do we want to leave a comment/rename that to e.g. html_deprecated?

I understand there’s some level of risk, but is there a reason why the number cannot be re-used? The type only existed for a relatively short period, so no one got the chance to use it.

:+1:

If this type is no longer valid, we need a migration to clean it up on the database.

I added the migration and renamed the type to html_deprecated just to be safe. Could you please take another look?

For consistency with other migrations, let’s raise a irreversible migration error here.

@romanrizzi The migration looks good to me :+1: