DEV: Update default tagName and connectorTagName for plugin outlets (PR #13685)

tagName="" connectorTagName="" is almost always the correct choice for plugin outlets. 40eba8cd introduced a noTags=true shortcut which achieved this, and left a comment saying it should be the future default. This commit does exactly that. To avoid any breaking changes for plugins, all existing plugin outlets have been reviewed and adjusted by following this logic:

1. If noTags=true, remove the noTags parameter, and do not complete any further steps
  2. If tagName is not specified, set tagName="span" (the previous default)
  3. If connectorTagName is not specified, set selectorTagName="div" (the previous default)
  4. If tagName="", remove it
  5. If connectorTagName="", remove it

GitHub

TIL, there was noTags option!

A thing that should be fixed (not necessarily in this PR) are all instances of tagName="span" connectorTagName="div" (i.e. the previous default) since you can’t put divs inside spans.

If connectorTagName is not specified, set selectorTagName="div" (the previous default)

A typo, should be connectorTagName in both instances.

This is quite nice and I like the change. I kinda wish we always defaulted to noTags because there are a lot of extra divs we never need, but this is a great step in the right direction.