FEATURE: allows to limit visible reports and tabs in dashboard (PR #9598)

GitHub

I like the idea here but that setting is enormous, plus new reports have to remember to add themselves to it when they are created. Maybe we should have a setting to hide reports instead?

I like the idea here but that setting is enormous, plus new reports have to remember to add themselves to it when they are created. Maybe we should have a setting to hide reports instead?

And I would give suggestion? You would have to type what you think is a right report name? If you are ok with this then yes it will be shorter and probably good enough.

@eviltrout I went ahead and inverted the logic in the last commit, I think you are right this is the way to go. Will be much more future proof.

Screenshot 2020-04-30 at 16 41 25

@jjaffeux yes I would vastly prefer if you had to type it exactly rather than having a huge input like that! Also new reports have less boilerplate. I think it’s a win.

I think most people will not hide reports so it’s okay if the experience is not perfect.

this.activityMetrics.length &&

I would recommend using .some for this. No point looping through them all if you only care if one is visible.