FEATURE: Staff can receive pending user reminders more frequently. (PR #13422)

We now express the “pending_users_reminder_delay” in minutes instead of hours so staff can have finer control over the delay.

We need to keep in mind that the reminders could still take up to 20 minutes, even when using a lower value. We send them from a scheduled job.

GitHub

great!

I forgot to add a DB migration for sites not using the default value.

Is there a topic discussing this change? Unless we run a job at a much higher frequency like 5 minutes, I don’t think this change is currently worth making. This is because most of the site setting values wouldn’t make any difference since the job is only ran thrice an hour.

Instead of altering the values of the existing site settings, I’ll prefer if we add a new site setting called pending_users_reminder_delay_minutes and then migrate the old site setting over. I think this site setting was added a long time ago but most of our time based site settings specify the units of duration in the name itself. It provides a much better experience for developers using the site settings since they don’t have to guess or lookup what the units of the site setting are.

Instead of altering the values of the existing site settings, I’ll prefer if we add a new site setting called pending_users_reminder_delay_minutes and then migrate the old site setting over. I think this site setting was added a long time ago but most of our time based site settings specify the units of duration in the name itself. It provides a much better experience for developers using the site settings since they don’t have to guess or lookup what the units of the site setting are.

Yes this is a requested feature and I asked Roman to work on it. I agree we might need to go more frequent here (5-10 mins) though.

@tgxworld - Could you take another look, please?