FEATURE: user/category/tag results in full page search (PR #14346)

In order to allow searching for users, categories, tags in /search, we needed to make some more drastic changes to the UI of that screen, and that’s what this does. Best described by screenshots:

Collapsed filters by default

Expanded filters, i.e. /search?expanded=true (options link in search dropdown leads to this)

On search, filters auto-collapse

Mobile

Updated UI for bulk select

Category/tag results

User results

GitHub

I know it’s not your code but this array initialization is incorrect and should be moved to init(). Could you do that since you’re in there anyway? Thanks!

I see a lot of templates are being refactored (which is good!) but I do wonder what the likelihood is that something will break in a theme/plugin? What are your thoughts on the safety of this change?

Could we refer to the constant by variable name rather than hard coding it? You might need to change SearchTypes a bit.

(same note here about using the variable/constant name)

I do wonder what the likelihood is that something will break in a theme/plugin?

I had a look across our all-the-themes/all-the-plugins repos and found only one customer theme that replaces one of the hbs templates in this PR. I can fix that issue separately.

There are a couple of plugins that use the plugin outlets (assign, category experts) and they both look fine with the changes in the PR.

So, yeah, I think this change is fairly safe.

Awesome, thank you!