FIX: ensures unchanged draft model is correctly clear on escape (PR #9305)

This fix will also make sure the bootbox will be correctly shown when using escape.

Test cases:

• edit post, wait for draft check, escape => should totally hide composer
  • edit post, add a char, escape => should show bootbox, and reduce or hide depending on choice

Same behavior is expected when pressing on cancel.

GitHub

@nbianca @SamSaffron can you carefully review this as you kind of know the draft code very well please ?

@eviltrout do you see a better way to prevent the loss of the context in Draft.clear ? (a comment explains it in my commit) and maybe a better explanation than me please?

This pull request has been mentioned on Discourse Meta. There might be relevant details there:

I am not sure about this fix, instead when you click edit it should not be saving a draft until something changes. To me that is the big bug here.

I guess there is the case of … hit edit … add a… remove a… hit escape and it should operate same as cancel.

What worries me though is that I don’t want to change ESC minimizing if there is any legit draft in play.

Im a little bit lost here, because these two sentences are opposite I think. Currently when you “ESC” with a legit draft it minimises, when you press [cancel] it shows the bootbox. So they are operating diffrently, and say esc should operate as cancel, but you then say you don’t can to change “ESC”.