FIX: Moderator actions and small actions shouldn't prevent fully merged topics from closing (PR #13200)

When a topic is fully merged into another topic we close it and schedule its deleting. But if the merged topic contains some moderator actions or small actions it won’t be merged. This change fixes this problem.

GitHub

The title of this pull request changed from “FIX: moderator actions and small actions shouldn’t prevent fully merged topics from closing” to "FIX: Moderator actions and small actions shouldn’t prevent fully merged topics from closing

Generally, I think we should avoid generic assertions like be_present because it makes the test too generic and doesn’t make it clear what object are we expecting to be present. Perhaps something like the following?

expect(moved_to).to eq(topic)

Aside from a minor comment, this looks good to me.

I think we should avoid generic assertions like be_present

I agree :+1:

Moreover, I think in this specific test case no need to check if the topic was returned, so I’ve removed this check.

What we’re checking here is that “… it closes the topic if all regular posts were moved”. Another assert do that: expect(topic).to be_closed.