Missing translation key

Missing translation key

diff --git a/plugins/discourse-local-dates/assets/javascripts/discourse/templates/components/discourse-local-dates-create-form.hbs b/plugins/discourse-local-dates/assets/javascripts/discourse/templates/components/discourse-local-dates-create-form.hbs
index 1d03c8e..e7696f1 100644
--- a/plugins/discourse-local-dates/assets/javascripts/discourse/templates/components/discourse-local-dates-create-form.hbs
+++ b/plugins/discourse-local-dates/assets/javascripts/discourse/templates/components/discourse-local-dates-create-form.hbs
@@ -27,7 +27,7 @@
           </div>
         </div>

-        <span class="to-indicator"><span>to</span></span>
+        <span class="to-indicator"><span>{{i18n "discourse_local_dates.create.form.to"}}</span></span>

<div class="to">
           <div class="control-group date">
diff --git a/plugins/discourse-local-dates/config/locales/client.en.yml b/plugins/discourse-local-dates/config/locales/client.en.yml
index 8e6b5ee..3939e68 100644
--- a/plugins/discourse-local-dates/config/locales/client.en.yml
+++ b/plugins/discourse-local-dates/config/locales/client.en.yml
@@ -10,6 +10,7 @@ en:
         modal_title: Insert date
         modal_subtitle: "We will automatically convert the date and time to the viewer’s local time zone."
         form:
+          to: "to"
           insert: Insert
           advanced_mode: Advanced mode
           simple_mode: Simple mode

GitHub sha: 34b871a8

2 Likes

This commit has been mentioned on Discourse Meta. There might be relevant details there:

1 Like

I am not sure about even having that word, translating it is kind of odd cause it is floating and somewhat confusing. Eg: to ... Australia/Sydney ?!

My call would be just to nuke “to” and maybe add:

to:    [....

That way we get to remove the second Date / Time header. So overall we have less words.

Or maybe just simply remove the “to” altogether and make no other changes?

1 Like

I had to do this particular change because a big customer of ours needed to translate it. I’d be cool if we followed up with a better solution but having non-translated text seemed bad.

2 Likes

I will followup with some UX rethinking of this modal. I tried in the past to have some kind of inline menu showing while you type a date but it’s too much work for now.

2 Likes