REFACTOR: Remove position fixed from the header and timeline and use sticky instead (PR #10352)

GitHub

The title of this pull request changed from “Remove position fixed from the header and timeline and use sticky instead” to "REFACTOR: Remove position fixed from the header and timeline and use sticky instead

is it 923 or 924?

Probably a good time to stop using jquery here.

I would mostly issue a warning here, topic.hbs is often overwritten, we will need to check in plugins/themes repos for what might break from this.

nice didn’t know about this :+1:

ooops sorry I just noticed my review was never sent …

It’s 0 - 923 for the progress bar and 924-infinity for the timeline. :slightly_smiling_face: I hope no browser reports sub-pixel screen sizes in the range of 923-924. :sweat_smile:

Both // max timeline width is 924 are confusing though. 924 isn’t the width of the timeline but screen’s. And it’s the lower limit for the timeline to appear, not the “max width”.

Good points, I clarified the comments.

// at 925px viewport width and above the timeline is visible (see topic-navigation.js)

// at 924px viewport width and below the progress bar is visible (see topic-navigation.js)

jquery removed!

I checked through our theme repos (public and private) and I can’t find anything specifically overwriting topic, so that’s good news.