UI: refinements to topic footer buttons (PR #9780)

GitHub

@awesomerobot what do you think of this ?

I really don’t like it when the text wraps under the button… I’d prefer something like this instead (now that I look more closely, we do this on mobile but not on desktop currently):

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 4 38 22 PM

Also one other thing while I’m looking at it… pin/unpin has the triangle, but tracking does not… probably out of scope for this change, but :thinking:

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 5 13 28 PM

I really don’t like it when the text wraps under the button… I’d prefer something like this instead (now that I look more closely, we do this on mobile but not on desktop currently):

Actually I have been the doing this not wrapping under the button long time ago, but jeff didn’t like this and I have had to change this back for years…

Also one other thing while I’m looking at it… pin/unpin has the triangle, but tracking does not… probably out of scope for this change, but :thinking:

Yes can do that in another PR

@awesomerobot I have updated the PR to remove the inline part.

Screenshot 2020-05-17 at 16 27 58 Screenshot 2020-05-17 at 16 28 11 Screenshot 2020-05-17 at 16 28 56

@jjaffeux what happened to the space between the wrench button and the bookmark button? :smiley:

Yes fixed it, sadly I can’t make all the changes I want here, because I can’t make d-button flex, wish I could…

Looks like a margin went missing?

Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 6 29 35 PM

Looks like a margin went missing?

Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 6 29 35 PM

Yes indeed, I thought pinned was out of DOM when not present, but it’s just hidden, fixed it thanks.