UX: hide the list of file extensions on the upload dialog (PR #12836)

GitHub

please attempt to use @action instead

are you sure you need alias here ?

nitpicking here but as you are new to the code base, the correct indentation here is:

{{d-button
  action=(action "showDetails")
  class="btn-link"
  label=label
  aria-label=label
}}

I’m slightly annoyed that we call it details-under-link and that actually it’s not a link :stuck_out_tongue:

Also I wonder about the accessibility of this?

Wasn’t sure about it :slight_smile: I’d better remove it then.

I’m slightly annoyed that we call it details-under-link and that actually it’s not a link :stuck_out_tongue:

Sure, let’s change it then. I’ve chosen this name because this component is a kind of a “link” that turns into a description. It’s not an expander, it turns into a description and there’s is no way back.

And we use d-button with the class btn-link for such “links”.

I understand that it could be confusing since it isn’t a link to another page. Would be details-under-button or details-under-button-link better? Or do you have something completely different in mind?

Also I wonder about the accessibility of this?

I will add some accessibility support.

Sure, let’s change it then. I’ve chosen this name because this component is a kind of a “link” that turns into a description. It’s not an expander, it turns into a description and there’s is no way back.

And we use d-button with the class btn-link for such “links”.

I understand that it could be confusing since it isn’t a link to another page. Would be details-under-button or details-under-button-link better? Or do you have something completely different in mind?

Screen.Recording.2021-04-26.at.20.39.32.mov

I think a good name would be a name describing what it does and not the implementation

@jjaffeux, speaking of accessibility. The component is accessible by pressing Tab since it uses d-button. And I’ve added aria-live="assertive" so screenreaders will read details after expanding. To me, it looks like it’s all that should be done here. Do you have any additional suggestions?

I think a good name would be a name describing what it does and not the implementation.

What do you think about hidden-details? Maybe you can suggest another name?

I’ve renamed the component, need the approval to merge.