UX: Link users to `..preferences/notifications` directly on `new` & `unread` (PR #7990)

preffs

Right now, users are taken to ../preferences. Then, they have to click around to find where the notifications settings are. This could be a tiny but useful change, imo.

If this change is welcome but we don’t want to add fiddly urls in client.en.yml like I’ve done, would it be better to change the definition of userPrefsUrl here or maybe define a new one instead?

GitHub

1 Like

You’ve signed the CLA, rishabhnambiar. Thank you! This pull request is ready for review.

If this change is welcome but we don’t want to add fiddly urls in client.en.yml like I’ve done, would it be better to change the definition of userPrefsUrl here or maybe define a new one instead?

Yes, we might want something like userPrefsNotificationsUrl so that we can link directly to the notifications tab.

1 Like

Done :ok_hand:

I’ve replaced the variable instead of adding a new one because it wasn’t being used anywhere else.

1 Like

I have a strong feeling this will bite us back with translations. @OsamaSayegh had to deal with a similar issue with another one.

It would be nice if we could just change it all like this, but next time we update from transifex it will override.

How do we feed this into transifex?

How do we feed this into transifex?

I’m not really sure. I’ll do some digging later but considering that this is a very very small change, we can close this for now :+1:

@gschlager any ideas?

1 Like