UX: Normalize sizing for inputs, buttons, dropdowns (PR #14226)

(Description coming soon.)

GitHub

The title of this pull request changed from “Normalize input button dropdowns” to "UX: Normalize input button dropdowns

The title of this pull request changed from “UX: Normalize input button dropdowns” to "UX: Normalize sizing for inputs, buttons, dropdowns

@pmusaraj seems like height test is failing on ember cli

Yes, I am aware of it. It’s only failing for Firefox 78 and so far haven’t been able to repro in BrowserStack or locally.

Fun times ahead :smiley:

Yes, I am aware of it. It’s only failing for Firefox 78 and so far haven’t been able to repro in BrowserStack or locally.

Im fine with skipping this for now, although we were discussing this with @eviltrout the other day and every failures we fixed due to Firefox ESR were indeed very hard to repro/understand, but they were all legit and were pointing real issues, so I wouldn’t reduce their importance.

It’s very hard to review this kind of PRs, I don’t see anything wrong but hard to tell before it’s merged. Im more interested in our capacity to keep this standard and improve it than being 100% correct from first shot though.

Agree @jjaffeux. This is a slightly unusual test, it indicates a “nice to have” more than a “oh no, something broke”. Plus this can only catch a global regression between element sizing, whereas the vast majority of problems here can be local (i.e. a specific input/button/dropdown that has style overrides).

But, note taken, we should avoid skipping tests in Firefox as much as possible.